Dental emergencies are never convenient for you. We want to make a stressful experience a little easier by being available to you. We offer emergency dentistry services so we can be there for you when you need us the most. When an injury occurs, you can call Basin Dental at any time to get the care and relief you need.
Common Dental Emergencies & What You Can Do
Call our office as soon as possible after a dental emergency. While you are waiting to see us or are on your way, here are some things you can do for common dental emergencies:
- Persistent or Severe Toothache | First, rinse your mouth with warm water, then try using dental floss to remove any food that may be stuck between your teeth. If you have swelling, apply a cold compress outside of where the pain is.
- Bitten Cheek, Lip, or Tongue | Gently clean the area of injury with a cloth and then rinse with warm water or a salt-water mixture. Place moist gauze on the wound until the bleeding discontinues or you are being treated. A cold compress can help relieve pain and reduce swelling.
- Cracked or Broken Tooth | Use warm water to rinse out your mouth or clean the affected tooth. If bleeding occurs, place gauze on the injury. Place a cold compress outside of the area of injury if you are experiencing pain or swelling.
- Knocked-Out Tooth | If possible, very carefully try to place the tooth back in the socket, being careful to avoid the tooth root. If this doesn’t work or isn’t possible, keep the tooth moist in between your gums and cheek or in milk.
- Object Stuck Between Teeth | Try to remove the object with dental floss, but never use anything sharp. If the object won’t come out with floss, just wait to see us instead of trying anything else.
A Team Who Cares
At Basin Dental, we care about our patients. If you find yourself with a dental emergency, don’t hesitate to call. We’ll do our best to provide you with relief as quickly as possible.